Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 19 - Progress

Today was Legs & Back with Ab Ripper...man this is a tough workout.  The hardest part for me is the lunges.  I'm starting to add weight to them which makes it even harder.

I made real progress on my pull-ups.  I did 13 for the first set which improved from 11 and 12 in previous weeks.  I noticed big jumps in the second round as I've doubled the number of close rip (4 to 8) and switch grip (4 to 8).  It's a real pump to set a goal like 7 and pull up right past it to 8.

Ab Ripper...not so much on the progress.  I had to break up the Pfifer Scissors and every exercise was just plain tough.  I'm sure I was just fatigued from the other workout.

Kristin and I really brought it today.  We were both spent after our workout...we just kind of laid on the floor for 5 minutes hoping to get some energy back.  Once I started cooking breakfast I got more energy.  It was my favorite...spinach, tomato and feta cheese scramble.

I may have recruited another P90X...in fact maybe a two-for.  Justin and Melissa Frye are thinking about joining in.  They are fellow BFL's and I know they will love the program.  Melissa's hot...Justin's not.

Iceman wasn't able to do the fitness test as I think this is a busy week for the big guy.  Lots of time to start since "you can only start on a Monday" -  Joe Kiscoe.

Tomorrow is Kenpo X for me but Kristin is going to run.  2 more days and we are in Recovery Week of Phase 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment