This was our last workout with this DVD until Week 9. It's going to be interesting to see how much progress we make in terms of weight and reps between now and then.
In Ab Ripper X I completed the Pfifer Scissors and Mason Twist in their entirity and it felt good...real good. It's not a lot of fun popping this CD in after a tough workout but I know it's worth it. Next week I'll probably start introducing some more advanced movements.
I now realize why they had such big recipes on the nutrition plan...they intend for you to make as much as possible and freeze the rest. Today we had vegetable soup for lunch and pesto sauce for dinner that were previously frozen. The soup tasted better than the first time as well as the pesto and all we had to do was warm them up. I'll take this as a lesson learned and apply it in Phases 2 and 3. I took a look at these meal plans and they are in a very similar format with some repeated recipes...and some new ones. No doubt following the nutrition plan is easier that the first week.
Chicken Scramble for bfast this am...not a huge fan. It's ok, just pretty bland. I'll try fresh basil next week vs the spice. I'm also not a big fan of 3 oz of cheese in my eggs...I loves me some cheese but it's too much. I'll just eat it as the eggs are cooking.
Taking Saturday as a rest day and getting up on Sunday at 6:30 am before the kids got up was money...it made for a much more effective workout and more family time.
My buddy Kiscoe is now doing the portion plan vs the meal by meal plan...I'm not happy about that. Whatever, that's fine, it probably works for him...he's gay.
I'll get an update from The Iceman tomorrow...my guess is that Operation Garage Clean-up didn't go as smoothly as planned. He's gay too.
Less than 2 weeks from our 30 day photos...time to Bring It!

Iceman is definately gay. Operation Garage clean up was a success. However, there were challenges along the way that were typical to the Iceman's world. The project took longer than anticipated and has put us a day behind. I will be conducting the fit test this afternoon and putting the finishing touches on the pull up bar and workout room/ garage set up this evening in preparation for day 1 tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteKiscoe is a very happy man. Many teeth in that grin of his. Portion plan is working well for me right now. I did the meal plan the first week to see what it was all about and now I'm adjusting my meals by hitting all the portions, but doing the recipes a bit different. It's all about choices and doing what works for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat works for the Iceman is the Operation Garage. The project is a great stall tactic and one of his finest yet.
I went to a party yesterday for the Steelers/Ravens game and watched everyone eat jambalaya, meatballs, 7 layer dip, cookies, chips, wings and everything else you can think of that can derail a diet. Unlike my friend Brad here, I didn't touch a thing. Ate dinner before I got there and just had a few glasses of water throughout the game. It was tough, but it'll be worth it.